Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is available to people from over 140 countries and is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities.
With travel insurance from WorldNomads.com you can:
- Buy online while travelling or away from home
- Extend and claim online
- Cover your adventure, including a range of sports and adventure activities
- Buy worldwide cover from specialist travel insurers, built for independent travellers from over 140 countries
- Give a little back to a local community
- Stay informed and safe when you travel
Travel Insurance. Simple & flexible.
Buy online, even after you have left home. Extend and claim online, while travelling. Travel insurance from WorldNomads.com is built for adventurous travellers from over 140 countries, with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and 24 hour emergency support when you need it most.
At WorldNomads.com you can claim online. And if you don't entirely trust insurance companies, have a look at how the insurers behind World Nomads.com have helped some of our travellers.
What can I do?
We cover most adventure sports, from bungee jumping in New Zealand to white-water rafting in Colorado.
Simple & Flexible
Already travelling or had a change of plans? No problem! Unlike other policies, WorldNomads.com lets you buy and extend online, even while away from home.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing your travel insurance plan to make sure that you've got the cover you want for your adventure:
- Cancellation: It's no fun if you’re seriously ill before you leave and can’t go on your trip. All travel insurance plans are different and some have specific terms of cover for cancellation, so please read the policy wording relevant to you carefully.
- Lost or Stolen Gear: Most travel insurance plans have a per-item value limit – make sure its high enough to cover your gear or choose a policy that allows you to increase the limit.
- Medical expenses over and above evacuation: Check that your cover includes emergency treatment while away and transport to bring you home – remembering that in more serious circumstances, insurance providers will usually insist on getting you home for medical treatment if you’re fit enough to travel.
- Adventurous Activities: Look carefully at what your policy covers as each plan is different and may only cover specific sports and activities. Check that you’re covered to do all of the adventurous activities that you are planning while you're away.
- Personal Liability: Accidents happen. If it's found to be your fault and someone decides to sue you, you want to be covered. Read the full description of coverage in the policy wording and talk to the insurer first before you admit it was your fault. Also keep in mind travel insurance doesn't typically cover liability while you’re driving (be it cars, motorbikes, scooters, boats… anything with a motor, really) so make sure you've got appropriate cover elsewhere if you need it.
- Is it safe to go there? Make sure you check your Government's Travel Warnings and keep up to date with the latest travel safety advice on the road. You may not be covered if you choose to go to a place affected by war, terrorism, civil unrest or environmental disasters (like volcanoes, earthquakes, floods) and other major events where you may be at risk.